Laser and IPL assisted Hair removal
Virtual Workshop on 21 January 2024
MCQ Examination will take place on 27 January 2024 (3PM to 5PM) afternoon . Venue: Academia, SGH, Seminar Room L1-S2
Please make sure that you will be able to attend the workshops and MCQ examinations on the stipulated dates (displayed in the programme) before you make your payment and confirm your registration. Any request for change in the assigned MCQ exam date/time will be subject to an adminstration fee of $20 per change requested.
If you miss your scheduled exam, it may take some time before a repeat exam will be conducted and you may not be accredited any COC.
** Our Workshops are accreditation by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. * The workshop will only proceed if there are at least 40 participants. Registration fee $580
Laser and IPL assisted Hair Removal
21 January 2024
8.30am - 12.30pm
Lasers and light assisted hair removal are effective in retarding hair growth if applied appropriately. The long pulsed lasers e.g. Alexandrite, Ruby and Nd:YAG and Diode lasers are often used to reduce hair grow effectively. Intense pulsed light has been shown to be effective but can generally be used on fair skin individuals only as the risk of IPL burn on pigmented skin is high. This workshop will explain the principle of light physics to target hair roots, lists indications and practical procedures in assisted laser hair removal.
- 0830 - 0855 Registration
- 0855 - 0900 Introduction - Dr CL Goh
- 0900 - 0930 Principles of light assisted hair removal procedures. Selective photothermolysis and extended selective photothermolysis. Hair growth cycle. - Dr. CL Goh
- 0930 - 1000 Selection and preparation of patients. Patient & device selection. Pre- and Post Procedures counseling/preparation/care. Dr Joyce Lim
- 1000 - 1030 Practical tips on hair removal for various body regions. Unusual sites (hairlines, eyebrows, ears, perianal). Parameters to consider (laser or IPL, pulse duration, fluence, cooling). - Dr. L Khoo
- 1030 - 1045 Tea Break
- 1045 - 1115 Complications and management of complications Expected: Redness, swelling. Unexpected: Blisters, crusting, scarring, acneform eruption - Dr. CB Ang
- 1115 - 1130 Q & A
- 1130 - 1230 Video Demonstration
- 1230 - 1300 Q & A
- MCQ Exam will be conducted on 27.01.24 (between 3 pm to 5PM at Academia Seminar Room L1-S2.
Workshop certificate is accreditation by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. Workshop lecturers, titles, date and venue are subject to change.