** Our Workshops are accreditation by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. * The workshop will only proceed when there are at least 10 participants. Registration Fee $580
Laser and IPL assisted Hair Removal
To be announced
Lasers and light assisted hair removal are effective in retarding hair growth if applied appropriately. The long pulsed lasers e.g. Alexandrite, Ruby and Nd:YAG and Diode lasers are often used to reduce hair grow effectively. Intense pulsed light has been shown to be effective but can generally be used on fair skin individuals only as the risk of IPL burn on pigmented skin is high. This workshop will explain the principle of light physics to target hair roots, lists indications and practical procedures in assisted laser hair removal.
- 1315 - 1330 Registration
- 1330-1335 Introduction - Dr CL Goh
- 1335-1400 Principles of light assisted hair removal procedures. Selective photothermolysis and extended selective photothermolysis. Hair growth cycle. - Dr. CL Goh
- 1400-1430 Selection and preparation of patients. Patient & device selection. Pre- and Post Procedures counseling/preparation/care. Dr Joyce Lim
- 1430-1500 Practical tips on hair removal for various body regions. Unusual sites (hairlines, eyebrows, ears, perianal). Parameters to consider (laser or IPL, pulse duration, fluence, cooling). - Dr. L Khoo
- 1500-1515 Tea Break
- 1515-1545 Complications and management of complications Expected: Redness, swelling. Unexpected: Blisters, crusting, scarring, acneform eruption - Dr. CB Ang
- 1545-1600 Q & A
- 1600-1700 Video demonstration
- 1700-1730 Q & A
- MCQ Exam will be conducted on 29.4.23 at Level 2 CHI, TTSH (next to NCID).
Workshop certificate is accreditation by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. Workshop lecturers, titles, date and venue are subject to change. Early Birds Fees @$500.00. Normal Fees :$580.00